MSC scholarship program
Autumn 2013 MSC Scholarship program open for applications.
The MSC is now inviting undergraduate and postgraduate students of environmental and fisheries science to submit their research proposals for the autumn 2013 MSC Scholarship program.
The closing date for submissions is Monday 11 November 2013.
To qualify for consideration;
- projects will have as their objective the study of some aspect of environmental improvement, performance or best practice in fisheries management, or fish product supply chain management (direct linkage to a certified fishery or one wishing to become certified by the MSC is not a requirement, although this is an additional point of interest for the MSC).
Aspects of the MSC scholarship program;
- Undergraduate and postgraduate students of environmental and fisheries science are able to further their studies through the MSC scholarship research program
- The MSC will award travel and study scholarships, up to the value of £4,000 which is open to undergraduate and postgraduate students worldwide;
- We welcome research projects with a particularly focus on Asia, South America and Africa;
- The project must be completed within 12 months of the start date stated on the application form, and the final project report must be submitted within 15 months of the start date.
The program aims to support the transformation of the world’s seafood markets and promote sustainable fishing practice, by supporting the study of the problems and solutions needed to achieve best practice in fisheries management and the integrity of the seafood supply chain.
Queries on the scholarship program should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org