Albacore Tuna Kabobs with Sicilian Salsa
Recipe courtesy of Chef Cathy Whims, Nostrana, Portland. Provided by Western Fishboat Owners Association.
1 ½ lbs Albacore tuna, cut into 2” x 2” cubes
1 lemon, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
18 bay leaves, soaked in cold water for 30 minutes.
6 skewers (if wooden, soak in water for 30 minutes)
Sicilian salsa (see recipe below)
6 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
3 Tbs lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
2 Tbs chopped parsley
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until
smooth and creamy.
- This can be refrigerated but must be brought to room temperature before serving.
- Light a charcoal fire.
- Skewer tuna, lemon and bay leaves, alternating on skewers.
- When the coals are white, grill tuna until medium, just slightly rare in the center.
- Place on plates and ladle sauce over.
- Serve immediately.