Roasted Peppers with Albacore Caper Paté
Courtesy of Chef Cathy Whims, Nostrana, Portland. Provided by Western Fishboat Owners Association.
2 large yellow bell peppers
2 large red bell peppers
2 6 ½ ounce cans Oregon Albacore tuna
3 Tbs capers, rinsed and drained
1 stick of unsalted butter at room temperature
1 Tbs parsley, finely chopped
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Roast peppers whole over a gas flame, a charcoal grill or under a broiler, turning often until blackened and blistered all over.
- Place in a plastic bag to steam and release their skins.
- Drain tuna and place in a food processor with butter and capers.
- Blend to a creamy consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Peel peppers by removing the burnt skin, remove seeds, and separate into 3 sections per pepper, lengthwise.
- Spread a good amount of paté on each pepper section and roll them up around the filling.
- Place a yellow and a red filled pepper strip on six individual plates.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and garnish with parsley.
- This makes more filling than is needed to fill the peppers.
- Leftovers are delicious on baguette slices with a garnish of cherry tomato.
- If refrigerated, be sure to bring paté to room temperature at least 45 minutes prior to serving.