Salmon slices topped with salmon mousse on a bed of champagne pearl barley
Recipe from Frosta
600 g Alaskan salmon fillets
200 ml cream
1 cl Noilly Prat (French vermouth)
1 cl Pernod
120 g pearl barley
1 small onion
0.2 l chicken stock
salt and pepper
- Champagne pearl barley: Soften the chopped onion in olive oil, add the pearl barley and cook for about 2 minutes until transparent. Pour on the champagne and then top up with the stock, stirring continuously. Add the thyme and rosemary and bring to the boil.
- Allow to swell over a low heat for about 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Remove the herbs and stir in the finely chopped chives and butter.
- The mousse: Dice 200 g Alaskan salmon fillets, then refrigerate before seasoning with salt and pepper and chop finely either in a food cutter or using the mixer attachment of a food processor. Add the cream, the egg, the Pernod and the Noilly Prat and process everything to a smooth mixture.
- Pass the mixture through a fine sieve and into a piping bag with a star-shaped nozzle. Slice the remaining salmon into portions and squeeze on the salmon mousse
- Bake in the oven at 180˚C for about 7 minutes. Serve the mousse-topped salmon slices on a bed of champagne pearl barley.