Shetland crab and tomato linguine
A fantastic light, early summer recipe that highlights the wonderful flavours of the Shetland crab.
Choose MSC certified sustainable seafood by looking for the blue MSC label.
- 1 echalion shallot (the big ones) - very finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove - crushed, peeled and finely chopped
- A large handful of little tomatoes - sliced in half
- A small bunch of flat-leaved parsley, roughly chopped
- A pack of MSC certified Shetland crab meat
- A handful of dried linguine (don’t use fresh pasta for this dish).
- Lemon - 2 wedges
- Put a large pan of water on to boil and add salt and a dash of olive oil
Add your linguine
- In a large pan, gently cook the shallots until they are starting to soften
- Add the garlic and the tomatoes and cook until starting to soften
- Take half a cup of water out of the pasta pan and reserve
- Drain the pasta and put it back in its pan with the brown crab meat, a dash of olive oil and half of the reserved water, stir well
- Tip your linguini into the pan with the shallots, garlic and tomatoes and stir in half of the white crab meat. You may need to loosen the mix a little with some of the remaining reserved pasta water
- Serve with the remaining white crab meat and the parsley scattered over the top, the wedge of lemon on the side and a good grind of black pepper.