“I want you to look for and choose certified sustainable seafood because every small choice we make as individuals has a big impact. Choosing sustainable blue foods supports not only a healthy planet but also the livelihoods of the people responsible for taking care of those fisheries and the communities around them.”(Canada)
- 4, 6 oz pieces of MSC certified cod
- 1 small bulb of fennel, shaved
- 2 cups mixed melon, cubed small (cantaloupe and honeydew are best)
- 4 slices of prosciutto, cut into small pieces
- Juice of one lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp champagne vinegar
- 2 tbsp Nobilo Sauvignon Blanc
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice + zest of 1 lemon,
- 3 tbsp fresh orange juice + zest of 1 orange
- ¼ cup of mixed lemon and orange segments, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp tarragon, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp fresh ground black pepper (optional)
- Zest the lemon and orange before segmenting, then slice off the peel to remove all the white pith. Carefully cut out the segments from between the membranes, then chop finely.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients together. Adjust for seasoning. Set aside while you prepare the salad.
- In a deep pan, add lemon juice, cod pieces, a pinch of salt and just enough cold water to cover the fish. Turn heat on to medium and bring to a gentle simmer. Cook for 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and leave the fish to rest in the liquid.
- Combine the melon, fennel and prosciutto in a bowl and toss with just enough vinaigrette to coat, reserving enough to drizzle on the fish. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Using a spatula, very gently remove the fish from the liquid to a paper towel lined plate - remove most of the moisture. Sprinkle with a tiny bit of salt.
- On each plate, portion out the salad and top with a piece of cod. Drizzle with 1-2 tsp of the reserved vinaigrette and serve.
The subtle fruity sweetness of the melon is perfectly balanced by the crisp and zesty acidity of Nobilo Sauvignon Blanc.
Please enjoy responsibly.