Seared king prawns with fennel, asparagus, green beans and potatoes
- 12 large MSC certified king prawns (look for the blue fish tick), peeled and cleaned
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 200g kipfler potatoes (or similar), steamed
- 8 spears green asparagus, sliced
- 100g steamed fine green beans
- 1 tablespoon grain mustard
- 60ml extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 20ml water
- Sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
When shopping, look for the MSC blue fish tick on your seafood to know it's sustainable.
- Heat a non-stick pan, add a little extra virgin olive oil and then add the seasoned prawns, cooking gently until you have colour on both sides.
- In a bowl, add the sliced fennel, red onion, green asparagus and green beans. Mix together.
- In a separate bowl, add equal parts of fresh lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, grain mustard and water. Season with sea salt and cracked pepper, whisk together.
- Slice the potatoes and lay evenly around the plate, spoon some dressing onto the salad, mix gently and then place a handful of the salad on top.
- Place the seared prawns on top of the salad and spoon a little dressing over the prawns.