- 2 x 220g MSC-certified Agrios Wild Alaskan Red Sockeye Salmon Skin-on fillets (exclusively at Coles)
- 4 baby beetroot
- olive oil, for drizzling
- sea salt flakes and freshly
- ground black pepper
- 60 ml balsamic vinegar
- 2 x 400g tins cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 garlic clove
- juice of 1 lemon
- 120 ml vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 bunch of coriander, leaves and stems
- 1⁄4 bunch of dill, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons Basic Mayonnaise
- 4 slices of sourdough bread, cut into 1.5cm cubes
- 1 handful of micro herbs
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the beetroot in an ovenproof dish, dress with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes, or until tender. Set aside to cool, then peel and cut into wedges. Place the beetroot and balsamic vinegar in a bowl and set aside.
- Place the cannellini beans in a food processor, add the garlic, half the lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil and blitz to combine. Loosen with the stock and whiz until nice and smooth. Add the coriander and continue to blitz until smooth. Transfer to a small saucepan and heat through. Season to taste, and keep warm.
- Combine the dill with the mayonnaise and season with salt, pepper and the remaining lemon juice.
- To make the croutons, pan fry the sourdough cubes with a little olive oil and salt in a frying pan over medium heat until golden brown. Drain on paper towel.
- Rub the salmon flesh with a little olive oil and season the skin with salt. Leave for 10 minutes to draw the excess moisture out of the skin. Pat the skin dry using kitchen towel and season again with salt. Heat a heavy-based frying pan over a high heat, add the salmon, skin side down, and fry for 3 minutes. Turn and cook for another 2 minutes.
- To serve, arrange the salmon, puree, beetroot and croutons on the plate. Serve the dill mayonnaise in a bowl on the side. Garnish with red micro herbs and a wedge of lemon.