The MSC Culinary Sustainability Movement is a process and cost-efficient way for foodservice businesses to demonstrate that they care about the health of the world’s oceans by selling certified sustainable seafood using the MSC blue fish tick.
A growing movement for sustainable seafood in foodserviceWe know that sustainable sourcing is at the very heart of chefs and restaurants. And more and more consumers are looking to make the right choice. Fulfill this aspiration by joining a growing number of leading food service companies around the world, that are serving MSC certified sustainable seafood to their discerning diners.
Join our movement
Who is the MSC Culinary Sustainability Movement for?The MSC Culinary Sustainability Movement is open to all foodservice businesses in Australia, New Zealand and Singapore selling seafood. This may include, but is not limited to pubs, clubs, restaurants, cafes, fish and chip shops, takeaway outlets, food trucks and food stalls.
What are the benefits of joining?
When you join the movement, you can expect enhanced customer loyalty and demand. Benefits include:
- Listing on the MSC where to buy page
- Access a wide range of MSC certified sustainable species
- Opportunities to take part in sustainable seafood campaigns year-round including key moments such as Sustainable Seafood Week, Easter and World Oceans Day
- Receive a welcome point of sale pack to promote your sustainable seafood offering
- Use of the MSC blue fish tick label, claims and visual assets for your menu and marketing collateral
- Content collaboration opportunities such as being featured in our foodie guides and recipes
- Support for local PR and marketing opportunities
- Recognition as world-leading for seafood sustainability
How much does it cost?The cost to join can vary. By joining a group certificate, all those on the certificate share the cost. The more businesses that join, the lower the overall cost can be. Get in touch to find out more.
How do I join?We are here to guide you through the process.
Find a group certification manager
Get in touch and we'll point you in the right direction
Apply to join their group certificate
This is so your outlets can be added to the scope of their certificate
Complete relevant paperwork
This includes details about your business locations and MSC certified species you wish to purchase
Complete an audit
An audit will be conducted by your group certification manager to ensure your operations comply with the MSC Chain of Custody principles.
Promote your MSC certified sustainable seafood offering
Sign an agreement to use the MSC blue fish tick and claim on your menu and promotional materials
Become a group certificate managerAre you a foodservice supplier? As a group certificate manager, you can offer your foodservice customers the benefit of joining the MSC Culinary Sustainability Movement. Get in touch to find out more.
Find out more
MSC certification helps you to meet a growing demand for sustainable, traceable seafood, strengthens your reputation and offers new business opportunities.
An overview of what to expect from the Chain of Custody certification process.