- 1kg of MSC certified banana prawns (look for the blue fish tick)
- 5 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 80g unsalted butter
- 64g or half a cup of finely chopped parsley
- Pinch of dried chilli powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 lemon
When shopping, look for the MSC blue fish tick on your seafood to know it's sustainable.
Cook the perfect wild garlic prawns with this quick and easy recipe guaranteed to impress your guests.
- Peel and devein your prawns leaving the tail on
- Marinate your freshly peeled prawns with garlic, olive oil, juice of half lemon, salt and set aside for 15-20 mins
- Grab a frying pan, melt the butter on a medium heat
- Add your marinated prawns and coat them in melted butter
- Add your chilli and cook on medium heat for 90 seconds and reduce the heat to low
- Add most of your freshly chopped parsley and cook for a further 90 secs until prawns have curled up and changed their colour to pink
- Transfer to your serving bowl and garnish with the remaining parsley and wedge of lemon - voila, the perfect garlic prawns!
Serving suggestion for garlic prawns
Enjoy straight away with some crusty bread on the side to mop the bowl with and wash down with a chilled glass of Riesling.