Coconut & ginger marinated prawns with sweet and sour mango salsa
- 600g MSC-certified Tiger prawns, peeled, de-veined, heads removed (look for the blue fish tick label)
- 1 cup tequila or coconut water
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- Juice and rind of 3 limes
- ¼ tsp minced chilli
- 1 clove minced garlic
- Mango - on the greener side
- Chili, minced
- Coriander, chopped fine
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 Lime juice & rind
- Smashed avocado
- Tortillas or Gem lettuce leaves
My coconut water marinated prawns with sweet and sour mango salsa are a celebration of light, fresh, zingy summer flavours designed to be whipped up in the sun with your friends and family.
- Preheat your BBQ on high heat.
- To make the marinade, mix 1 cup (250ml) of tequila or coconut water, ginger, lime juice/rind, chilli and garlic in a bowl or container. Add prawns, then cover and marinate in the fridge for 10-20 minutes.
- While the prawns are marinating, make your salsa. Mix the mango, chilli, coriander, honey, lime juice, rind, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Skewer each prawn lengthways down the spine towards the tail, then barbecue for 2 minutes on each side until golden.
- Serve on a tray with a side of smashed avocado, your sweet and sour salsa, and a mix of little gem lettuce leaves (for gluten-free) or tortillas.
Peel the difference this Christmas
From sustainable wild-caught seafood to tasty chefs’ recipes, this Christmas, peel the difference by choosing MSC-certified sustainable seafood.