Forever salmon and prawn paella
- 30ml extra virgin olive oil
- 30g brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 small clove of garlic, crushed
- 3-4 stalks of fresh thyme
- 150g Arborio rice
- 70ml dry white wine
- 1lt fish stock
- 30g red capsicum, diced
- 30g yellow capsicum, diced
- 12 red cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ½ tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/3 tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tbsp turmeric
- 6-8 MSC certified whole prawns, peeled, keeping head and tail attached
- 130g Tassal ASC certified salmon fillets, diced large
- 50g edamame beans
- 15g curly parsley, finely chopped
- 10ml lemon juice
- 3g dill, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Look for the blue and green labels on your seafood to ensure we have a future full of fish. Find out more about the difference between farmed and wild seafood.
- Start by putting a paella pan onto medium heat
- Add olive oil, onion, garlic and stalks of thyme to pan until they gain a light colouring
- Remove the thyme stalks, then add rice and stir for 2-3 minutes before adding the
- Let wine simmer and evaporate completely before adding 500ml of fish stock
- Let this simmer until reduced.
- Add an additional 300ml of fish stock, and all second stage ingredients
- Stir through while adding and then let simmer until fish stock is reduced. can be added to the pan.
- Finally, add remaining fish stock, prawns, diced salmon and edamame beans
- Turn off heat and let the residual temperature from the pan cook the final ingredients for a couple of minutes.
- Finish off by garnishing with parsley, dill and lemon juice
- Add salt and pepper to taste, then serve.
Recipe by Markella Koutalidi – Executive Chef, Mures Tasmania