Wild grilled prawns with charred chilli dressing and crispy cashews
- 24 Large MSC-certified Green/Raw Banana Prawns (Look for the MSC blue fish tick label)
- 10 coriander sprigs to serve
- 1 lime to serve
Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup light olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ½ teaspoon Chinese 5-spice powder
Charred chilli dressing
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, julienne
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon sesame me oil
- 2 long red chillies
- 2 green spring onions
When shopping, look for the MSC blue fish tick on your seafood to know it's
Banana prawns left whole with the shell on, grilled & served with charred chilli-spring onion dressing, fried peanuts, coriander & lime.
- For the crispy cashews, heat the oil in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add cashews and fry for 2-3 minutes or until golden and crispy. Remove from the oil with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- Place the same pan with oil back onto medium heat and add the sliced garlic. Fry for 2 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove the garlic with a slotted spoon and reserve the oil in the pan. Drain on kitchen paper to remove any excess oil. Toss the cashews and garlic with a pinch of sea salt and five-spice powder to coat. Set aside.
- Place the ginger into a heat-proof bowl and pour over the reserved hot oil used for the cashews and garlic. Once the oil has stopped bubbling, add soy, vinegar, maple syrup and sesame oil.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Toss the chillies and spring onions in a little oil, then grill for 3-4 minutes or until slightly charred and softened. Remove from the pan and chop into chunky dice, then stir through the ginger sauce and set aside.
- Remove the heads from the prawns and devein. Season the prawns with a little salt and pepper and drizzle with a little oil. Grill the prawns in a pan or on the BBQ in two batches for 1-2 minutes on each side or until just cooked.
- Arrange the prawns onto a serving plate and spoon over some charred chilli dressing. Garnish with the crispy cashew mixture, coriander sprigs and lime wedges before serving.
Peel the difference this Christmas
From sustainable wild-caught seafood to tasty chefs’ recipes, this Christmas, peel the difference by choosing MSC-certified sustainable seafood.