“Every small choice we make as individuals has a big impact. Choosing sustainable blue foods supports not only a healthy planet but also the livelihoods of the people responsible for taking care of those fisheries and the communities around them..”(Canada)
- 1 tin/can of MSC certified tuna
- 4 cups of cleaned spinach leaves, left whole if smaller, torn to bite sized pieces if larger
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup green apple, sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced in wedges
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup crispy chickpeas (often available in the snack aisle)
- Place the spinach in the large mixing bowl along with the mint, green apple and avocado. Toss gently making sure you don’t break everything up too much.
- Drizzle with half of the olive oil and half of the lemon juice, season with a pinch of salt.
- Load the mixture onto a large platter and finish by scattering the tuna (including the oil if not packed in water), crispy chickpeas, any extra mint you have left and the remaining olive oil and lemon juice.
- Serve right away.