“Every small choice we make as individuals has a big impact. Choosing sustainable blue foods supports not only a healthy planet but also the livelihoods of the people responsible for taking care of those fisheries and the communities around them..”(Canada)
- 1 tin/can of MSC certified tuna
- 1 clove of garlic
- 4 cups of mixed tomatoes in all the shapes, sizes and colors you can find
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2-3 green onions, roughly chopped
- ½ cup of fresh mozzarella
- A load of good quality olive oil
- Coarse salt
- Stale sourdough bread
- Peel the clove of garlic and rub it all over the inside of the wooden bowl.
- Chop the tomatoes into bite sized pieces and place them in the bowl.
- Drizzle the tomatoes with approximately ½ cup of olive oil and sprinkle with a generous pinch of coarse salt.
- Tear or cut apart the sourdough into bite-sized pieces and add to the tomatoes.
- Add the parsley, tuna (with the oil if packed in oil), red and green onions.
- Tear apart the mozzarella into bite sized pieces, add to the salad and gently toss everything together. Add a few more drizzles of olive oil as needed.
- Serve within 15 minutes, for the most mouth-watering results.