Seafood lovers, rejoice! We've collected the latest recipes using delicious sustainable seafood for every occasion.
All of our recipes use seafood carrying the blue MSC label.
Let us know which one is your favourite and join the sustainable seafood movement on Facebook.
- 8 flatbreads we like gyro breads for fluffiness
- 12 fish fingers
- 1 gem lettuce ripped
- 10 g fresh coriander chopped
- 10 g fresh mint leaves ripped
- 1 tomato diced
- 60 ml bbq sauce to serve (or hot sauce)
- 60 ml mayonnaise to serve
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 60 ml vinegar malt, cider or white wine – not balsamic
Cost per person = £1.08 per person
At a little over £1 per person, this tasty and affordable sustainable seafood meal doesn't need to cost the earth or the ocean.
Place the fish fingers in the oven and cook to the packet instructions.
Place the sliced red onion into a bowl and pour over boiling water, leave for a few minutes, then drain the water and submerge the onions in vinegar until ready to use (you can store any leftover onions in vinegar in a jar in the fridge for a week).
When the fish fingers are done, warm flatbreads in a frying pan for a minute and then assemble.
- To assemble, squirt some mayo over the flatbread, top with some lettuce leaves, diced tomatoes and a couple of crispy fish fingers, then drizzle over the BBQ sauce/ hot sauce, coriander and mint and finally a spoonful of the drained pickled red onions – fold it and eat!
Get Theo’s full fish finger taco recipe and 1-year free subscription to FiveDinners.com, his online meal planning service with a weekly shopping list based on how many you’re feeding. Simply visit and use code MSC to get free meal plans for a year!