“I want you to look for and choose certified sustainable seafood because every small choice we make as individuals has a big impact. Choosing sustainable blue foods supports not only a healthy planet but also the livelihoods of the people responsible for taking care of those fisheries and the communities around them.”(Canada)
- 1½ lbs of cooked MSC certified lobster meat (about three 1.25 – 1.5 lb live lobsters, boiled)
- 4 hot dog rolls (or any bun or rolls you love!)
- ½ cup (125 ml) butter at room temperature, plus extra for the buns
- ½ cup (115 gr) sour cream
- ½ cup (115 gr) cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- ½ (25 ml) lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- If using frozen lobster meat, thaw and drain well on paper towel.
- If using live lobsters, bring a large pot of salty water (as salty as the ocean) to a boil. Remove elastics from the claws and place the lobster in the pot. Cook for 8-10 mins. Meanwhile, prepare a large bowl of ice water. Once cooked, submerge the lobsters in the ice water immediately. Remove and let rest for a few minutes. Shell the meat, then chop it roughly.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, blend the butter, cream cheese and sour cream together until well combined. With a wooden spoon or large spatula, fold in the lobster meat until well incorporated. Add the fresh herbs, reserving 1 tsp of each for garnish. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste.
- Heat a frying pan to medium. Butter the buns well on both outer sides and toast in the pan until golden brown.
- Fill the toasted buns with the lobster mixture, sprinkle the herbs on top and serve with potato crisps.
Thank you for subscribing to the newsletter. Look out for delicious sustainable seafood recipes in your inbox soon.