Scout's lobster rolls
- 1½ lbs of cooked MSC certified lobster meat (about three 1.25 – 1.5 lb live lobsters, boiled)
- 4 hot dog rolls (or any bun or rolls you love!)
- ½ cup (125 ml) butter at room temperature, plus extra for the buns
- ½ cup (115 gr) sour cream
- ½ cup (115 gr) cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- ½ (25 ml) lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- If using frozen lobster meat, thaw and drain well on paper towel.
- If using live lobsters, bring a large pot of salty water (as salty as the ocean) to a boil. Remove elastics from the claws and place the lobster in the pot. Cook for 8-10 mins. Meanwhile, prepare a large bowl of ice water. Once cooked, submerge the lobsters in the ice water immediately. Remove and let rest for a few minutes. Shell the meat, then chop it roughly.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, blend the butter, cream cheese and sour cream together until well combined. With a wooden spoon or large spatula, fold in the lobster meat until well incorporated. Add the fresh herbs, reserving 1 tsp of each for garnish. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste.
- Heat a frying pan to medium. Butter the buns well on both outer sides and toast in the pan until golden brown.
- Fill the toasted buns with the lobster mixture, sprinkle the herbs on top and serve with potato crisps.