Seafood lovers, rejoice! We've collected the latest recipes using delicious sustainable seafood for every occasion.
All of our recipes use seafood carrying the blue MSC label.
Let us know which one is your favourite and join the sustainable seafood movement on Facebook.
- 1 ½ lbs MSC certified wild cod, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 4–5 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 small to medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- ½ tbsp Harissa spice blend
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 cup canned whole peeled tomatoes
- 1/4 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 2 cups vegetable broth (or broth of your choice)
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ cup fresh parsley leaves, pulled (not chopped)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, more for finishing later
- Salt to taste
- In a large heavy pot or Dutch oven (or traditional tagine if you have one), heat olive oil over medium heat until just warm. Add onions and increase heat to medium-high. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring regularly so they don’t burn.
- Add garlic and prepared vegetables. Add spices and season with salt to taste. Cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add tomatoes, apricot and broth and cook for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer for another 20 to 25 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Reduce heat to low, add cod and chickpeas and cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice and fresh parsley. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Transfer to serving bowls and top each with a generous drizzle of olive oil. Serve with your favorite bread, couscous or rice.