- 300 g penne
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 2 shallots
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 MSC-certified anchovy fillet
- 1 tbsp capers
- 10 black olives
- 10 green olives
- 50 ml dry white wine or prosecco
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 4 pinches salt
- 4 pinches black pepper
- 4 pinches brown sugar
- Some Chili or cayenne pepper
- 2 tins MSC-certified tuna in oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 bunch basil
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts roasted and salted
- For the pasta penne, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season the cooking water vigorously with salt. The pasta water may taste like seawater.
- Halve the cocktail tomatoes and sauté briefly with the cut surface down in the pan over high heat and caramelize so lightly. Remove the tomatoes from the pan and prepare to serve.
- Halve the shallots, peel and cut into thin slices. Halve garlic and finely dice. Sauté the shallots and garlic in a pan with 1 tbsp olive oil and the anchovy fillet.
- Add the capers and the olives and deglaze with the white wine. Add the canned tomatoes and bring the sauce to a boil. Season the sauce with salt, pepper, sugar and chili. Gently simmer the sauce while keeping it warm.
- Cook the penne in boiling salted water until al dente, then drain into a sieve and drain well.
- Put the tuna from the tin with the oil in an extra pot. Add a little lemon and lemon juice and gently warm. Refine the tuna with finely chopped basil and season with a little chili.
- Put the penne in the prepared tomato sauce and mix well. Serve the pasta on warm plates. Prepare the tuna with a little oil in the middle of the pasta. Place the caramelized cocktail tomatoes on the pasta. Decorate pasta with basil. Serve the finished tuna pasta sprinkled with pine nuts.
Preparation tip and nutritional info
In Italy, pasta with tomato sauce is usually served with all ingredients mixed. This allows the chef to season the sauce perfectly with the whole dish. The pasta combines with the sauce to round off the whole dish.
To make this dish a feast for the eyes, the tuna is prepared separately and finely seasoned with a lemon zest, lemon juice and basil.
We also use the tuna oil in the dish. The oil contains valuable omega-3 fatty acids through the preparation process in the can. Therefore, this oil is healthy and tasty.