- 12 extra-large MSC certified prawns
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 30g flat leaf parsley + extra to serve
- 30g dill, finely chopped
- 75g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 5g lemon zest + wedges to serve
Sea salt & pepper to taste
When shopping, look for the MSC blue fish tick on your seafood to know it's sustainable.
- To butterfly the prawns, use scissors to snip the sharp pointy spike from the tail. Cut along the back through the head, leaving connected at the legs. Remove the vein and discard.
- Using a mortar and pestle, combine the sea salt, pepper, garlic, chilli, parsley and dill then pound into a paste. Alternatively you can use a small food processor. Mix the paste into the soft butter along with the lemon zest until well combined.
- Heat the oven grill or BBQ to the hottest setting. Place the prawns flesh side up on an oven tray and using a butter knife or the back of a spoon, coat the prawn flesh in the butter mixture so they are evenly coated.
- Grill for three minutes, or until just cooked and the shells have changed colour. Be careful not to overcook as they will continue to cook once out of the oven.
Alternatively you can cook the prawns over an open fire or a coal BBQ for more of a smoky flavour.
- Place the prawns on a platter and serve with any pan juices poured over the top. Garnish with extra dill sprigs and lemon wedges on the side.