“Cooking with Cape Hake is always an absolute pleasure. It's a fish that is as sustainable as it is delicious, which means that future generations will get to enjoy everyone's favourite seafood!”(South Africa)
- 500g box of MSC certified crumbed hake fillets
- 3-5 ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1-2 aubergines, roughly chopped
- 8-10 black olives, pitted
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Olive oil
- Coarse-ground sea salt and black pepper
- 250ml of mozzarella cheese, grated
- Fresh rocket leaves, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- In a baking dish, combine the chopped tomato with the aubergine, olives and herbs. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast the caponata for 15-20 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or baking paper. Lightly drizzle each crumbed hake fillet with olive oil and arrange on the baking sheet.
- Top each fillet with a spoonful of the caponata and scatter over some grated mozzarella. Bake the fillets for 20-25 minutes or until golden and the cheese is melted.
- Serve the crispy hake caponata parmigiana on a bed of rocket leaves with a side of creamy mashed potato.
Thank you for subscribing to the newsletter. Look out for delicious sustainable seafood recipes in your inbox soon.