“Cooking with Cape Hake is always an absolute pleasure. It's a fish that is as sustainable as it is delicious, which means that future generations will get to enjoy everyone's favourite seafood!”(South Africa)
- 450g box MSC certified Cape hake medallions
- 4-5 dried tomato slices, finely chopped
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 sachet tomato paste
- Olive oil
- 500g packet of ready-made gnocchi
- 250ml fresh cream
- 150ml of grated Parmesan
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Coarse-ground sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- In a large pot over medium heat, fry the onion in a little olive oil until soft.
- Add in the sundried tomatoes and tomato paste and season to taste.
- Add in the Cape hake medallions and fry until gently browned and flaky.
- Pour in the cream and use a spoon or fork to flake the fish into the sauce.
- Add the gnocchi into an ovenproof dish and pour over the sauce.
- Scatter the grated Parmesan cheese over the top and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the gnocchi is tender.
- Serve the dish with a green salad.
Thank you for subscribing to the newsletter. Look out for delicious sustainable seafood recipes in your inbox soon.