“Cooking with Cape Hake is always an absolute pleasure. It's a fish that is as sustainable as it is delicious, which means that future generations will get to enjoy everyone's favourite seafood!”(South Africa)
- 800g box MSC certified hake fillets
- 300g baby spinach, washed
- 1 cup dry brown lentils, rinsed
- 150g plain yoghurt
- 4 tablespoons of ready-made basil pesto
- Olive oil
- Fresh basil, roughly torn
- Coarse-ground sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220°C and line a baking sheet with foil or baking paper.
- Lightly rub each hake fillet with a little olive oil and arrange on the baking sheet.
- Grill the hake for 20-25 minutes or until flaky and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook the lentils as per the packet instructions.
- Once cooked and drained of any excess water, add in the spinach and cook down until wilted.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the basil pesto, torn basil leaves and yoghurt.
- Serve the herbed lentils topped with the grilled hake fillets and some crusty bread.
Thank you for subscribing to the newsletter. Look out for delicious sustainable seafood recipes in your inbox soon.