- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 6 tbsp light olive oil
- 150 g new potatoes
- 75 g green beans, topped
- 2 eggs
- 150 g MSC certified albacore tuna fillet
- 3 heads of little gem lettuce, leaves separated
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved or in quarters
- 1 tbsp Taggiasca olives
- 1 red onion, in rings
- Oil for frying
- Salt and pepper
- Prepare the dressing by shaking the mustard, garlic, vinegar, oil and a pinch of salt in a closed jar until well-mixed. Set the dressing aside.
- Place the unpeeled potatoes in a pot of cold water to cover with a bit of salt. Cook 15-20 minutes until tender and allow to cool slightly.
- In a separate pot, bring salted water to a boil. Cook the green beans 4-5 minutes until just tender. Drain the beans and rinse with cold water.
- Now use the same water to boil the eggs for 6 minutes until the yolks are almost but not quite set. Remove the eggs from the pot and shock under cold running water immediately. Cut the eggs into halves or quarters.
- Take a grill or frying pan and place over medium heat. Coat both sides of the tuna in oil and season with a pinch of salt. Grill or fry both sides 2-3 minutes without moving. Flip halfway through. Remove the tuna from the pan and cut into strips half a centimetre thick.
- Take a platter and cover with the lettuce leaves, potatoes, green beans, tomato pieces, olives, red onion, tuna and the eggs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Serve with the dressing.
Thank you for subscribing to the newsletter. Look out for delicious sustainable seafood recipes in your inbox soon.
Subscribe to the Simply Seafood Newsletter to receive freshly curated sustainable seafood recipes.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION CONSENT