- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp coarse black pepper
- 4 medium cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 cup quinoa, washed thoroughly
- 2 cups water
- 2 red bell peppers, washed and cut into small cubes
- 2 cans MSC certified salmon, drained
- 5 cups spinach
- 5 medium mason jars (16 oz or 500ml)
- Combine the oil, orange and lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic and mustard. Whisk until well mixed and slightly thickened.
- In medium saucepan add water and quinoa. Bring to a boil, then reduce to medium heat, cover with a lid and simmer for 10-12 minutes. Quinoa should absorb all the liquid. Allow to cool and set aside.
- Using a fork, gently mash the salmon, ensuring all the small bones are crushed
- Divide the dressing among 5 jars.
- Divide the rest of the ingredients equally among the 5 jars, layering one at a time and starting with the red peppers, quinoa, salmon and spinach.
- Put lids on jars and store in fridge for up to 3 days.
- Pour salad onto a plate and enjoy.
Recipes developed by Shahzadi Devje RD, CDE, MSc. Registered Dietitian & Owner of Desi~licious RD Inc. (www.shahzadidevje.com)
Thank you for subscribing to the newsletter. Look out for delicious sustainable seafood recipes in your inbox soon.