Thai shrimp curry
- 1 package (340 g.) MSC certified Coldwater shrimp (prawns), cooked and frozen
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- Thaw, drain and pat the shrimp (prawns) dry with paper towel.
- Heat oil in pan over medium heat.
- Fry sesame seeds and garlic until lightly brown.
- Add coconut cream, turmeric, curry powder, salt and simmer for 2 mins.
- Add shrimp and warm through for 2 minutes.
- Add the lime juice, cilantro and chili (if using).
- Serve with rice.
Recipes developed by Shahzadi Devje RD, CDE, MSc. Registered Dietitian & Owner of Desi~licious RD Inc. (www.shahzadidevje.com)