Tuna, Broccoli & Ricotta Stuffed Pasta Shells
- 350g conchiglioni
- Olive oil
- 250g fresh ricotta
- 170g MSC certified light meat tuna shredded in brine
- 125g tender stem broccoli
- Salt and pepper
- 150ml grated Parmesan
For the roasted tomato sauce:
- Olive oil
- 1kg tomatoes
- 1 large brown onion, peeled
- 5ml dried oregano
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 50ml fresh cream
- To make the roasted tomato sauce, reheat the oven to 200°C.
- Quarter the onion and tomatoes and arrange on a lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, scatter over the dried oregano and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the tomatoes and onion for 25 minutes or until soft and slightly caramelized. Pour the tomatoes and onion into a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Leave to cool slightly and then add in the garlic and cream and blitz again. Season the sauce to taste and reheat in a saucepan when ready to serve.
- Steam the broccoli until tender. Leave to cool and finely chop.
- Crumble the ricotta into a mixing bowl and add in the chopped broccoli.
- Drain the tuna and flake into the bowl. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- For the pasta, set a pot of water to boil. Once boiling, add a glug of olive oil and a shake of salt and cook the conchiglioni until al dente. Drain the pasta and set aside.
- Pour the roasted tomato sauce into an ovenproof dish about 5-6cm deep. Carefully fill each pasta shell with the tuna filling and arrange in the sauce until the dish has been filled.
- Drizzle over a little extra olive oil and scatter over the grated Parmesan and bake the conchiglioni in a preheated 180°C oven for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve the conchiglioni bake with a green salad and garlic bread.