- 2 cans MSC certified tuna, drained
- 6 medium potatoes
- 6 cups water
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1/2 tbsp garlic, crushed
- 4 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp dried curry leaves
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- Handful of fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Wash and boil potatoes completely submerged in water for 15-20 mins until fork tender. Place in cold water to cool. Remove skin and mash.
- In medium pan, heat 1 1/2 tbsp oil and fry curry leaves, garlic and onions until soft and lightly golden.
- Add paprika and salt. Cook for 1 minute, turn off heat and allow mixture to cool slightly.
- In a bowl, mix the mashed potatoes, onion mixture, cilantro and tuna. Mix thoroughly. Shape the mixture into 14 balls and flatten to make the cutlets.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in large pan. Dip 7 cutlets in the egg and fry on both sides until golden and crispy. Add 1 tbsp of oil as needed and repeat with remaining the 7 cutlets.
*PRO Tip: Double up the recipe to use for lunches the next day!
Recipes developed by Shahzadi Devje RD, CDE, MSc. Registered Dietitian & Owner of Desi~licious RD Inc. (www.shahzadidevje.com)
Sign up for our Seafood Recipes newsletter:
Thank you for subscribing to the newsletter. Look out for delicious sustainable seafood recipes in your inbox soon.