- 1 x 415g tinned MSC certified John West tuna- well drained
- 500g White & sweet potatoes, steamed, cooled, loosely mashed
- 110g jar capers, well drained or 50g capers
- 1 bunch dill, leaves only, diced
- 5 lg spring onions, finely sliced
- 50g Gherkins, drained, finely diced
- ½ bunch chives, finely diced
- 50-100g breadcrumbs, to add as you go
- 3 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- White pepper, to taste
- Salt, Murray River, to taste
- 100g Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 100g Butter
- Whole free-range egg mayonnaise
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients except breadcrumbs.
- Add enough breadcrumbs to just combine, not so much to make the mixture dry and crumbly – alongside the egg they acting as a binder.
- Shape mixture into patties around 7cm in diameter, 4cm thick. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oil and butter to medium high in a large heavy based fry pan. Have cooling rack and paper towel on hand to drain excess oil.
- Fry until golden and flip once in batches until cooked through. Drain well and serve whilst hot and crunchy on the outside.
- Serve with mayonnaise for dipping, green salad or serve patties in lettuce cups.
Serving instructionsThis is a treat for the whole family, it’s quick, easy and uses MSC certified John West tuna. Make this delicious recipe for a summer afternoon snack for the family or whip it up for a summer BBQ party.
Thank you for subscribing to the newsletter. Look out for delicious sustainable seafood recipes in your inbox soon.