Zesty tinned fish
- 1 can of MSC certified tinned whole fish or fillets (e.g. sardines, white tuna, mackerel)
- Sourdough bread
- Half a lemon
- Chopped fresh herbs (e.g. parsley, coriander, chives, dill, fennel)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Chilli (flakes or sliced)
- Empty the contents of the tin onto a plate.
- If the fish is preserved in olive oil, tip this onto the plate too - but drain the can if it’s in spring water or sunflower oil.
- Spread the fish evenly across the plate and squeeze the half lemon all over the fish.
- Finish with a good glug of quality olive oil, and then the herbs, salt, pepper and chilli.
- Serve with some warm sourdough bread, to dip into the zesty oil.