The MSC Seafood Futures Forum is our flagship thought leadership event. This year's forum will take place on 26 April 2023 at 9am CEST, live from Seafood Expo Global in Barcelona. All our stakeholders are invited to attend, either in person or online.
Our 2023 forum
Towards a Blue Food Future: Is the seafood industry ready for transformation?Governments around the world are under pressure to build food systems which can meet the needs of the growing global population but to do so in a sustainable, climate-friendly way. This has put ‘blue foods’ firmly in the spotlight.
This year’s Forum will explore the role of sustainable wild seafood in the ‘blue transformation’ and what this means for the industry.
Our keynote speaker
The United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization’s Director of Fisheries and Aquaculture, Professor Manuel Barange, will be our keynote speaker.
In this address to the seafood industry, Professor Barange will explain how the world’s political leaders, businesses and not for profits are realising the growing importance of food from our ocean to address the challenge of food security and nutrition, and how to channel this growing importance through the high-profile FAO Blue Transformation agenda.
Professor Barange is a global expert on the impacts of climate change on marine ecosystems, fisheries, and aquaculture. He is also responsible for FAO’s biennial flagship report, The State of World Fisheries and Aquaculture (SOFIA).
- Hear from a high-profile keynote speaker, Manuel Barange, on the growing importance of food from our ocean in efforts to sustainably feed a growing global population
- Understand how government policy and regulation may change as the blue food transformation gets underway
- Position food from the ocean as an ethical and sustainable choice to consumers
- Get an exclusive preview of the latest market trends and insights on sustainable seafood, plus new programme developments from the MSC
- Meet and network with peers from the industry and sustainable seafood movement
Species Sourcing EventsIn addition to the forum, the MSC will be hosting a series of species-focussed side events at the Expo.
Visit our stand at Seafood Expo Global
Please join us for a coffee at stand A401, in hall 4 at Seafood Expo Global.
Catch up with our 2022 forum
This year the topic of our last forum was 8 years to save our ocean? The power of business as a lever for change.
Eight Years to Save Our Ocean: The Power of Business as a Lever of Change
Download slides from the event
|Date of issue:||27 April 2022|