- 2 x MSC certified cape hake fillets
- Seasoned flour
- 3 baby marrows, cut into ribbons (use a vegetable peeler)
- 1/4 red pepper, cut into strips
- Black olives
- Freshly crushed garlic
- 10 ml olive oil
- 2 ml lemon juice and 5 ml grated lemon zest
- Salt and black pepper
- Dip the frozen hake fillets in warm water for 2 seconds just before coating.
- Coat the fillets in seasoned flour.
- Pan-fry the fish in a little pre-heated oil over medium heat for 12 minutes. Turn occasionally.
- Combine the baby marrow ribbons, red pepper, olives, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and zest.
- Season with salt and black pepper and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Spoon onto a platter and top with the hake fillets.
Recipe by Zanele van Zyl / Irvin & Johnson (I&J).
Ambassador chef: Cooking with Zanele.
Photo credit: I&J.
Thank you for subscribing to the newsletter. Look out for delicious sustainable seafood recipes in your inbox soon.