Cape Hake Meuniere
- 800g MSC certified hake fillets
- 50ml plain flour
- Coarse ground sea salt and black pepper
- 8-10 caper berries
- 3-4 brown MSC certified anchovy fillets
- 3 tablespoons of butter or olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Melt the butter in a saucepan until foaming or if using, heat the olive oil gently over medium heat.
- Dust the hake fillets in flour and season with salt and pepper and add to the butter along with the capers.
- Cook the fish for 3-4 minutes on one side then carefully flip and add in the lemon juice.
- Cook the fish for a further 2-3 minutes before scattering over the chopped parsley.
- Transfer the fillets to a warmed serving dish and serve immediately with extra lemon wedges, steamed green beans and new potatoes.
Content contributed by Irvin & Johnson Limited