“Cooking with Cape Hake is always an absolute pleasure. It's a fish that is as sustainable as it is delicious, which means that future generations will get to enjoy everyone's favourite seafood!”(South Africa)
- 800g MSC certified hake fillets
- 50ml plain flour
- Coarse ground sea salt and black pepper
- 8-10 caper berries
- 3-4 brown MSC certified anchovy fillets
- 3 tablespoons of butter or olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Melt the butter in a saucepan until foaming or if using, heat the olive oil gently over medium heat.
- Dust the hake fillets in flour and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the fish for 3-4 minutes on one side then carefully flip and add in the lemon juice. Now add the butter along with the capers and anchovies.
- Cook the fish for a further 2-3 minutes before scattering over the chopped parsley.
- Transfer the fillets to a warmed serving dish and serve immediately with extra lemon wedges, steamed green beans and new potatoes.
Content contributed by Irvin & Johnson Limited
Thank you for subscribing to the newsletter. Look out for delicious sustainable seafood recipes in your inbox soon.