- 12 MSC certified Skull Island tiger prawns
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 chilli
- Olive oil
- 1 avocado
- 1 lemon
- 50ml buttermilk
- Sea salt
- 1 bunch shallots (spring onions)
- 1 bunch bok choy (or other Asian greens like Chinese broccoli)
- Start by preparing the chili and garlic oil: finely slice the chili and garlic, submerge it in a good glug of olive oil, and put it on the stove over a really low heat for a few minutes.
- Next, butterfly the prawns and remove the intestinal tract, then paint the chili and garlic oil over the flesh of the prawns.
- Place the prawns on the barbecue, flesh side down, for about a minute and a half, until they get some really good colour.
- For the avocado mousse, combine the flesh of one avocado with the juice of one lemon, 50ml buttermilk, and some sea salt, and blend that together until it’s nice and smooth.
- For the charred greens, split the bok choy down the middle, season it and the green shallots, add some olive oil, and place them straight onto a piping hot grill until they’re nice and charred, then take it off the grill.
- Stack the prawns on a plate with the charred greens, garnish with parsley, and serve with a dollop of avocado mousse. Enjoy!
View the recipe video.