Easy fish tacos, herbed slaw
- 1 box MSC certified battered or breaded frozen fish (we like breaded sole or haddock)
- Small corn tortillas (soft or hard)
- 3 cups Savoy/Napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- ¼ cup lime juice + zest of 1 lime
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- Zest of 1 lime
- Follow the cooking instructions on the box of fish. Cook at least 1 fillet per person (more if serving as a main course).
- In a bowl, mix the ingredients for the slaw and season with salt to taste. Let marinate 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix the ingredients for the crema and season with salt to taste.
- Cut each fish fillet into thirds.
- Arrange the slaw and a few pieces of fish on each tortilla. Drizzle with crema and serve.
The lightly spiced crema and savoury tarragon in the herbed slaw are true complements to the herbaceous freshness of Nobilo Sauvignon Blanc.
Please enjoy responsibly.