- 480g MSC certified hake fillet (approx. 120g per person)
- 500g ricotta
- 50g parmesan
- 2 lemons
- 4 eggs
- 4 handfuls of sea lavender
- 20 sage leaves
- Fleur de sel
- Grate the parmesan and mix with the ricotta along with the zest of 1 lemon. Use a peeler to remove the skin of the other lemon. Save these for later.
- Roll balls of the ricotta mixture with your hands. Place three flat cooking bowls side by side, put flour in the first bowl, beaten eggs in the second bowl and in the third, semolina. Pass the balls (gnudi) repeatedly through the flour, the eggs and semolina.
- Fry the coated balls in a hot pan with white-fizzing butter. Roll the gnudi around in the pan until the butter colours brown. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the lemon peel, sea lavender and sage to the pan, but don't put the pan back on the heat. After a few seconds it’ll be ready to serve.
- Steam the fish and season well with salt and pepper.
Thank you for subscribing to the newsletter. Look out for delicious sustainable seafood recipes in your inbox soon.