“Cooking has always been an act of love for me and hake is such a versatile, sustainable and quick to cook ingredient.”(South Africa)
- 4 MSC certified hake* fillets
*or any other MSC certified white fish
You’ll also need…
- 32g flour
- 175ml coconut cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander (chopped)
- 50g tenderstem broccoli
- 50g baby corn
- 50g sugar snap peas
- 1/2 tbsp garlic flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dry the hake fillets with a kitchen towel. Season the flour with salt and pepper. Coat the hake with the seasoned flour and dust off excess flour.
- Heat 2 tbsp avocado oil on a pan. Place the fillets in the pan and cook for 2 minutes each side.
Remove from the pan.
- Add the coconut cream to the same pan. Leave it on the heat to simmer until it starts to thicken slightly.
Stir in the lemon juice and add the fillets back into the pan. Cook for a further 2 minutes, turning them over.
- Mix in the coriander and taste for seasoning. Adjust the amount of salt and pepper that you add, according to taste.
- For the grilled vegetables: first rinse the vegetables under running water. Place them in a pan with a lid for 2 minutes. This allows the vegetables to steam using the excess water.
Next, remove the lid and pour in 1 tbsp avocado oil. Season with garlic flakes, salt and pepper and leave to sauté for 4 minutes turning them regularly.
- Serve the hake with sauce and the hot vegetables.