“Eating sustainable seafood is a way of living a healthy life and it is also good for our ocean”(China)
- 200g of MSC certified halibut
- 100g MSC certified Arctic surf clams (or other shellfish such as scallops or mussels)
- 100g MSC certified cold water shrimps
You’ll also need…
- 750ml chicken stock
- 50ml vegetable oil
- 1 fresh red chilli
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic
- 2 slices of fresh ginger
- 200g peeled fresh tomatoes (diced)
- 1tbsp of tomato paste
- ½ a small onion
- 4 slices of fresh lemon
- Rice or noodles to accompany
- Salt to taste
- Peel the skins off 200g of tomatoes by first plunging them into a pan of boiling water, then removing them. This will loosen the skin so it is easy to peel off. Chop the tomatoes finely.
- Finely chop the red chilli and garlic and half a small onion. First fry the chilli and garlic in a large saucepan with some good quality vegetable oil, until fragrant but not burnt.
- Then add the tomato paste and tomato pieces and cook for 3 minutes until they have slightly broken down. Next add the diced onion, and then the chicken stock, and finally the 4 slices of lemon slices and 2 slices of ginger. Simmer for 15 minutes until all the ingredients are soft and starting to break down.
- Chop the halibut into small cubes and then add to a frying pan along with the surf clams, shrimp and a little more vegetable oil. Fry the seafood on a high heat for 1-2 minutes to bring out the flavour.
- Now add the seafood to the tomato soup base and simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
- Serve in soup bowls, accompanied by a small bowl of rice or noodles.