- Allow butter to come to room temperature & soften.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Combine softened butter, saffron, garlic, paprika, lemon zest & salt. Mix until well combined.
- Place pipis in a baking dish large enough to ensure they don’t overlap. This is important to make sure the pipis cook evenly. Place a good spoonful of the saffron butter over the pipis and place the lid on top of the baking dish.
- Put baking dish into the hot oven for approximately 8 minutes or until just cooked through.
- Serve with a wedge of lemon and a chunk of good sourdough to soak it all up.
Serving suggestionThis quick and easy 20 minute dish is perfect for your Christmas party menu. Perfect for a summer lunch or dinner, impress your guests with MSC Certified sustainable pipis from South Australia coated in an indulgent saffron butter.
Thank you for subscribing to the newsletter. Look out for delicious sustainable seafood recipes in your inbox soon.
Subscribe to the Simply Seafood Newsletter to receive freshly curated sustainable seafood recipes.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION CONSENT