Wild South Australian pipis with saffron butter
- Allow butter to come to room temperature & soften.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Combine softened butter, saffron, garlic, paprika, lemon zest & salt. Mix until well combined.
- Place pipis in a baking dish large enough to ensure they don’t overlap. This is important to make sure the pipis cook evenly. Place a good spoonful of the saffron butter over the pipis and place the lid on top of the baking dish.
- Put baking dish into the hot oven for approximately 8 minutes or until just cooked through.
- Serve with a wedge of lemon and a chunk of good sourdough to soak it all up.